- 전시일정: 2020년 5월 12일-8월 30일, 화-일, 오전 10시-오후 5시, 매주 월요일 휴관
- <생태공방> 커뮤니티 프로젝트 참여 기간: 전시 기간 내내 상시 참여 가능, 단체 참여시 예약제로 진행, 재료 제공
- 지원: 경기도, 화성시
Um Museum, Celebrating the 5th Anniversary Silently with Alarming Impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak, Return to Nature for the Future of Humanity Global Warming and Environmental Destruction, the Epic Risks of Disappearance of Creatures from the Inherent Nature, the Quasi-Resurrection of Extinct Species in Virtual Ecosystems Culture-led vitalization, Encouraging Freedom and Ownership of Culture Sharing, Expanding the Sociocultural Role of the Contemporary Art Museum Um Museum cautiously introduces a timely exhibition entitled Earth Delight in these turbulent times of social and economic conditions confronting the COVID-19 pandemic. The infectious event alarms us once again the drastic relevance of environmental destruction to a new outbreak of virus.
The fundamental idea of the exhibition begins with asking a macroscopic question how a thriving life of man and nature can be coexisted sustainably in the epic scale of the anthropogenic transition. The exhibition is positioned to see ethical concepts on the age we made, and it explores prospectively hopeful and wise spirit to look at the relationship between the two inseparable parts on Earth. By profoundly rooted in the philosophical idea ‘Nature as a You’ contemplated by the German poet Novalis (1772-1801), it discusses the relevance on the man-nature relationship that nature as humankind has spirit, thus it is thought of as the unique counterpart to humankind. In relation to this environmental philosophy, a crucial perspective of the exhibition on the contemporary environmental crisis sees an insight into the essence of nature we perceive that human and nature spring from the same source, and they learn from each other. Thus the mutual existence of human and nature needs for each other. In this light, ’creativity’ and ‘love’ are primary features to fulfill harmoniously the equivalent relationship between humankind and nature.
Holding the particular attitude to the environmental issue, Earth Delight is regarded as a peaceful campaign that manifests a romantic vision and ethical sentiment towards the unprecedented impact of humanity of the man-made world.
The exhibition explores some thought-provoking stories of spider introduced by contemporary industries and remarkable experiments in scientific and technological research for such mutual enhancement. In accompany with those painstaking endeavors in reality, it also invites an extended reality, which profoundly leads us into a meditative and monumental realm of the quasi-resurrection of extinct species creating through contemporary work of art. It presents an illusory utopian ecosystem, which is meticulously implemented in a virtual landscape in order to bring back the disappearance from our Earth. The work simultaneously stimulates our own evocative emotion to retrieve memories of the species many years ago.
Thus the exhibition aims to evoke an experience of the unique ecological imaginary, faith in humanity restored anew intertwining with art and techno-scientific experiments.
- Exhibition Date: 12 May 2020~30 August 2020, 10AM-5PM, closed on Mondays
- Exhibition Venue: 37, Ogung-gil, Bongdam-eup, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (18327)
- Visit Inquiry: T. 031-222-9188 E. email@example.com
- The Saengtae Gongbang Participation: During the entire exhibition period, group booking required, all materials provided
- Press pack/High-res Images Download
- K스피릿 [K컬쳐]인류의 미래를 위한 자연으로의 회귀, 2020.05.26
- 아트조선 제이콥 쿠즈크 스틴슨展 <대지의 연금술>, 2020.05.29
- 브라보 마이라이프 브라보 독자를 위한 6월의 문화 소식, 2020.06.25
- 매일경제 매경프리미엄 [요요미술기행-45]화성시 봉담읍 엄미술관의 생태 전시, 2020.06.25
- 중부일보 [전시리뷰]화성 엄미술관, 자연으로의 회귀 주제로 한 '대지의 연금술'전 열려, 2020.07.05
- 헤럴드 경제 'CONNECT, BTS' 영국전시 작가, 화성에 오다 2020.07.06
- 화분 화성시 문화재단 매거진 3/4월호(VOL 44), 2020 엄미술관 지역문화예술 플랫폼 육성사업 기획전 <대지의 연금술>, 2020.04
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.